- A man in distress, calling out to God. He wants God to respond right away. He is physically, and emotionally in pain. He is alone – an outcast – and his enemies taunt him.
- What happened to this man? “because of your indignation and anger; for you have taken me up and thrown me down.” Is God punishing him? He seems to sorrowful for something.
- In spite of this, he recognizes God’s supremacy and authority. He understands God’s heart and love. He puts his hope in this truth.
- Let this be recorded for a generation to come, so that a people yet to be created may praise the Lord : (Psalms 102:18 ESV)
- but you are the same, and your years have no end. The children of your servants shall dwell secure; their offspring shall be established before you. (Psalms 102:27, 28 ESV) – Amen.